This holiday season, it is important to continue practicing safe and effective oral health care habits. If you begin to slack on your oral health care, your teeth and gums can find themselves much less effective for many holiday seasons to come.
All Stahr Dental PSC wants to keep your smile bright to light up the holidays for you and your loved ones. Below are some tips to help you care for your teeth this holiday season:
– Eat healthy.
– Cook more healthy foods this year, and fewer desserts, cookies, and pies.
– Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily with either dental floss or a suitable dental tool approved by your dentist.
– Visit your dentist at All Stahr Dental PSC for an oral examination and your regularly scheduled professional cleanings.
– Avoid hard candies like candy canes and peanut brittle. They can easily chip or crack your teeth. Avoid chewy candy like caramels or gummies. Sticky candies can easily stick to your teeth and gums and can be hard to remove even when brushing. As an alternative snack, try sugarless gum to hold your appetite over between meals.
– Do not indulge in-between-meal snacks. The longer sugar and other harmful materials are in contact with your teeth, the greater risk of damage.
You don’t have to fight the battle against bad hygiene alone this year. Our expert team at All Stahr Dental PSC is here to craft you the best personalized plan for all your dental needs. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Gregory Stahr, call us at 859.278.9391, or drop by our office in Lexington, Kentucky. Let us help you take charge of your future with a healthy smile!